Mountain Wags Newsletter #11 - Holiday Pet Safety Tips
Season’s Greetings to You and Yours!
And a few pet safety reminders for the holiday season:
Avoid Mistletoe, Holly, and Poinsettias: like many plants, these too can be toxic and cause an array of issues if ingested by your dog or cat. Best to place out of reach or avoid altogether.
Stay vigilant when it comes to your beautiful lights, battery-operated toys, and shiny ornaments: light wires can shock, ingested batteries can lead to mouth/esophagus burns, and broken glass/ornaments can cut pets' mouths and paws.
Christmas Tree Time: although your Christmas tree can be one of the focal points of your holiday decorations, make sure it's secured - cats and dogs have been known to knock them over! And, not only could all your lovely ornaments break, but your pet could get injured too.
Thanks so much and from all of us at Wags - we wish you a very
Happy Holiday season!
(For more pet holiday safety tips see: https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/general-pet-care/holiday-safety-tips OR http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/poinsettia/)